Affirmations are amazing tools that help you strengthen your beliefs and develop into the person you want to be. The word affirmation is derived from Latin affirmare, “to make steady, strengthen, confirm”. An affirmation is a positive statement that you repeat to yourself to improve your mindset and promote positive thinking.
A definite or public statement that something is true or that you support something strongly - Oxford Dictionary.
When you practice an affirmation, by repeating the statement through writing or speech, you are essentially strengthening your beliefs and mindset.
It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief and once that belief becomes a deep conviction things begin to happen - Muhammad Ali
Affirmations are a powerful tools that can help you achieve your goals, desires and fulfil your purpose. They can help you overcome limiting beliefs that might sabotage your success and happiness. A limiting belief is something you currently fully believe in that is hindering your potential of success. An example would be -
“I believe that owning a successful business results in burnout.”
Although everything you desire revolves around you growing a successful business, this current belief will limit you! In the back of your mind you will be linking the growth of your business to getting closer to burnout... and over time you will subconsciously avoid allowing your business to succeed.
Beliefs are not stagnant or set in stone. They can be acquired, acknowledged and replaced. Affirmations help you replace old limiting beliefs and acquire new beliefs that empower you to thrive and succeed.
- I am enough.
- I am free of stress and I thrive under pressure.
- I am worthy.
- I am proud of all my accomplishments, big and small.
- I am learning to step out of my comfort zone.
- My mind is free of resistance and open to exciting new possibilities.
- I am at peace with my past.
- I am letting go of expectations and enjoying my journey.
- I am peaceful and content.
- I am always positive.
- I am successful.
- I am worthy of overwhelming success.
- I am creating a lifestyle that I love.
- Creating solutions comes naturally to me.
If you don't relate to the examples above or are finding them too cringe, click How to Write Affirmations.